Welcoming You Back To The Y
We’ve prepared a safe environment to welcome you back, which means implementing new guidelines for facility and equipment use.
We will reopen as soon as New York State allows YMCA facilities to reopen as part of the statewide reopening plan. We will update this page when we know the date for reopening. Please note that the YMCA cannot reopen until the state allows us to do so.
STAYING SAFE TOGETHER
We’ll be moving through a series of stages as we reopen to make sure we’re serving our community safely. We expect our first stage to last for approximately 15 – 30 days, at which time we’ll assess the safety of moving forward.
The information below is subject to change at any time as we make decisions about our programs and spaces based on any new information from our local health officials.
Temporary Hours of Operation – Stage 1
Monday- Friday 6:00am-6:00pm
*Closed Friday July 3rd
- Access restricted to YMCA of Central New York members.
- No guests or nationwide members will be allowed during Stage 1 of our reopening.
- Children under the age of 16 may not be alone in the facility at this time.
What Will Be Available?
We’re implementing the following safety protocols to ensure the health and safety of our members, program participants, and staff. Our new protocols are based on the ability to physically distance and meet required guidelines. We are working closely with DOH and the local authorities to meet all required guidelines to ensure the safety of our members and community.
More information on reservation instructions will be available on Friday, 6/26.
What areas will be closed or restricted right now?
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Pool, Steam rooms and saunas
- Gyms are closed to self-organized group activities (pick-up basketball, etc.).
- Kids Club
Restricted activities and programs
- Group activities in facility closed: all swim lessons, water aerobics and swim team.
- All programs are closed including youth sports and all outreach/community programs.
- Traditional circuit training prohibited (individuals may only use one piece of equipment at a time).
- Drop-in childcare watch (Kids Club) will not be available during the first 30 days. This is subject to change.
- Coffee services are temporarily suspended.
What areas and services will be open?
Open areas, with restrictions
- Cardio and strength areas will be open with restrictions on capacity and activities. Limited to 1 hour in fitness center.
- Designated bathrooms will be open.
- Locker rooms based on the ability to socially distance.
- Lobby are will be significantly reduced to prevent gathering.
Will I need to make reservations?
More information on reservation instructions will be available be available Friday, 6/26.
What are your cleaning protocols?
All YMCA locations have been and will continue to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
You can expect:
- Stringent sanitation protocols for proper disinfection, operation, and maintenance to continue to be followed.
- Continuous scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the YMCA.
- Facility hours to be adjusted to allow for deep cleaning during the day.
- Staff to receive ongoing training on cleaning protocols.
- Easy, readily-available equipment disinfectant spray for you use.
- Hand-sanitizing stations conveniently located for you to use throughout the Y.
What else can I expect?
- Self-scan upon entry (staff will not handle cards, phones, or any other personal belongings of members).
- Bring your own mats, along with your mask!
- Bring a water bottle – only bottle fillers are available at this time. Drinking fountains are closed.
I have questions – who can I contact?You can email your specific director at the following addresses: